Thursday, February 25, 2010

Solideridad, Monterrey week 3



This week was great. But it went so fast! I really need to start making a list of things to write!!!
We just got back from the Temple, so that's why I didnt write Monday. They changed Pday from Monday to Wednesday this week, but it was worth it. When we were there, I decided to do baptisms, which is where I heard Elder Andersen, my MTC comp, was going to be. When he saw me he just lit up and gave me a huge hug haha it was awesome. Then he told me that on Monday they made him a Zone Leader! I was so happy for him!! I know hes going to do a great job in that position and help out many missionaries.
We finished the week with 3 baptisms. The first one was the couple that got married on Sunday and he got baptized Tuesday. It was an awkward service because he didnt want anyone else there, and right before he and his wife who is a member had fought, so she didnt come. But while we were taking the pictures, she showed up, but still angry. It was a different service, but whats important is that he made the Covenant With God, and I know she will help him to overcome the trials and be eternally happy.
The other baptism was a 16 year old kid who came with his buddy who's a member. So, I did the missionary thing: put his baptismal date the first time meeting him. And he accepted. It was awesome, but I wasn't too convinced. He knew nothing, but all that week we taught him and he got baptized Sunday morning. I was so happy to see him baptized, and to have a member family that are really good friends, he`ll stray stong in the Gospel.
The other was a little boy of an less active member. She came to church to see the baptism, so we are going to keep on strengthening her so shell be 100 percent active again.
I was on divisions again with Elder Dearden and we were walking, and a drunk man, for some reason (as they all do), came over and started talking to us. He said he'd read the bible like a thousand times. Turns out we had a 'prophet' talking to us here. So i decide to see just how much he knew, so I figured Id throw him the hundred dollar question before progressing. "Who wrote the gospel of Matthew?". a pause. His buddy, not drunk, said, "well, it would be Matthew, wouldnt it?", to which the drunk mans eyes got big, turned to his friend and scoldingly shouted, "No thats not it!".....To which we tried so hard not to laugh. He continued on to say that he was Crazy Horses son. I should have gotten his autograph....

Anyway a great week. This next one will be awesome too. We got our 250 contacts, which was a lot easier and funner (more fun?)than I thought. Its great!
I ate ice cream with chile in it today. All the Gringos thought I was crazy, but my Mexican friends accepted me as one of their own. Gringos dont know what theyre missing !


Much Love
JAmes

No comments: