Monday, November 9, 2009

Piedras Negras, Coahuila última semana (the last week)

This week was good. And its probably my last here in Piedras Negras. We have transfers today and ive had 3 here, and thats usually the cutoff point. I really dont want to go, but the Lord needs me in some other part.
This week we had a special conference in Monclova (about 4 hours from here). Our Area Seventy came and talked to us, Elder de Hoyos. It was awesome. He gave some great pointers on how to get lessons with members, and a ton of other ideas to get real converts and not just baptisms. His wife, Pres and Hna. Romney spoke as well, and aiught wonderful lessons too. But one of my favorite parts of the meeting was seeing my MTC companion, Elder Andersen. This guy is one of my best friends. I saw him, and we gave each other a big hug and talked a little. He still wants me to go to BYU Idaho really bad haha and we're both really stoked for that. It was so awesome seeing him, and also 2 other Elders from my generation that started their missions with me. It was really great.
This week I got 2 comments on my Spanish. One guy said, " I have a question for you" I thought great, some bible-basher dude. He said "How do you speak Spanish so clearly? How many years did you study before?" hehe He was a bit suprised to know ive been speaking for 10 months. Another lady simply would not accept that I only had been speaking 10 months. She thought I was lying haha. The blessings of the Lod are real!!
It was such a good week. Im excited to see where I go.


Much Love
Elder Hawken

p.s. Congrats to Chrises GF for getting baptized. Stay strong!!!

No comments: