Monday, August 17, 2009

Mundo Nuevo, Coahuila Week 6

This week was good. We had 3 baptisms, and are ending the change with 5. These people are prepared.
We had interviews with the President of the Mission this past week. I know, without a doubt, that this man is truly inspired by God. The spirit was so strong there with us during the interview and while he answered some of my questions.
So before the interviews, all the missionaries in my district (or like 6 other missionaries) were all there together. Then Sister Romney came in and just started chatting with us for a second, and mentioned that she was going to Eagle pass, which is the town across the border from us, like 10 minutes away. My comps eyes got big and he asked her to buy us some peanut butter. Here it is rare, and super expensive, and yes I wanted some too, but I wasn't just going to blurt it out. so, we wait and wait and she comes back- with 2 HUGE containers of peanut butter. I almost cried. I asked her how much it cost and she just said "nothing... well nothing for you guys" I love that woman. She is always just doing random awesome stuff like that. She's always happy, smiling, and thinking of us in all things. But the next time I see her I'm going to pay her for the peanut butter haha.
The baptisms were good. All 3 are kids of families that WERE inactive but not anymore. My comp baptized one of the kids first, and when I went around to get in the font to baptize the other, that little kid of 9 years old, clapped his hands together and with a huge smile said, "¡Me bauticĂ©!" ( I got baptized!) It was just such a sweet moment, seeing the joy on his face. Adults always think that they need to know more about the church or scriptures or whatever before they get baptized. But look at 9 year old Luis Angel. Do you think he is a doctrinal master, or knows the purpose of the quorums of the 70? No. And that's how it should be. After getting the Holy Ghost, then the learning comes. All one has to know is that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His Church, and that God and Jesus Christ direct it. Its all so simple, but everyone misses it!! But that's why we're here.
The zone leaders and i are, well, lets just say were tight. One of them asked me yesterday if Id like to be a Dad (or get a missionary fresh from the MTC). I said whatever the Lord wants of me I'll do. Why? He just said he was just wondering. So well see if im going to be a trainer. But its also very possible they're messing with me haha thats totally them. But well see.

Love you all and hope all is well with you Gringos up there.

Much Love
JAmes

p.s. I just found out that Larry King died like half a year ago. Or maybe I just forgot. Either way, that sucks. I'm sure he's getting taught by Pres. Hinckley right now!!

No comments: