Monday, July 27, 2009

Mundo Nuevo, Piedras Negras, Coahuila week 3



This week was interesting. On Wednesday, we planned on sunday night to do some things that we'd seen that week that we could have done better, and we made plans to do them. But then our schedule got a little messed up. One of our Zone Leaders (other missionaries kinda in charge of us) came with us for a few days because his comp had to go to another part f the zone, which was 2 hours away. Well, this Elder has 3 weeks left in the mission, and was what we missionaries call " un póco muerte" or a little dead haha. He didn't really work the time that he was with us, which made it hard for us to work. Now I know that's no excuse, and sadly I see that, now that we COULD have kicked his tail into gear, but didn't. Anyway, ya it was a little hard....but this week is gonna rule.
Another setback (only to the numbers) this week was Zone Conference. Its the first we had with our new mission Pres. Hes so awesome!!!! His wife is just always happy and helpful and just awesome. I have a pic attached. Also this week , the zone leaders called us Monday night and asked if I could play a certain song for the conference. Luckily it was an easy one, and the zone leaders and asistantes to the President sang it. It was "How Can I Be" by some odd named somoan man haha.
Our companionship is absolutely outstanding. My first two companions were good, but this one, well it just feels like we're brothers. He reminds me a lot of Mason. Hes just always happy, always extremely courteous, and loves everyone. We just get lost talking about the scriptures and often times go over on our companionship study time haha. The only hard thing is that he has a guitar. At first it was a distraction, but now I've gotten a little more will power and can control myself :)

Everything is great here. Sweating like a... well a White Kid in Mexico, in the middle of summer. But other than that, the life is great.
One thing I read this week from an Ensign is a quote from Pres. Monson, "The Lord makes our supposed inefficiencies into obvious strengths." I dont know, I just really liked it haha.

Chris, I love you so stop being stupid.

Much Love
JAmes

No comments: