Monday, December 20, 2010

La Cañada, Saltillo Week 4

This week was great. On Tuesday I got a bit of a cold and felt bad all day. At night I got a sore throat and a temperature. I was super happy about this because the next morning we had the Zone Conference. Wed finished the presentation but hadn’t practiced it to check the time length yet. So, with a sore throat, burning, but feeling cold, my comp and I went through it on Tuesday night, and the timing of it was perfect. Then, I asked Elder Dearden for a blessing so I would be better for the presentation the next day. Well, the next day I woke up, and my throat didn’t hurt a bit. I had a hardcore headache haha but that can easily be cured with Ibuprofen. My fever had almost completely broken too. It is amazing the things that happen with the Priesthood and faith. So I still wasn’t on my A game you could say, but we did the presentation, and we did really well, so said the assistants haha. I was just happy to be done with it haha. Not that I don’t like doing them but I was a little sick and just wanted to sit down and rest a minute, but it all went great.

Our mission President announced something crazy at the conference. When I first got here, we had a weekly goal of 150 contacts, the in February they changed it to 250, a big jump. Since then the mission hasn’t done very well in baptizing, due to the fact that everyone was more concerned about getting the 250 then getting good people. So, he announced that there will now be NO overall goal for contacts and that we would focus everything towards getting 12 new investigators a week. It scared me, because I knew this was going to make or break each and every missionary. There are a few in my zone that I know its going to break, and seeing the data on Sunday, I wasn’t mistaken. I knew many were going to take it as a break, not doing any contacts now that there’s no mission goal. But, at the same time, I like it a LOT more because now we can take time t find people, not just shoot in the dark and hope we knock on the door of someone who wants to listen. Now it will be more inspired, we can spend more time on people and not just on getting a number. I personally love it, and know we will have success with it in our area. It’s just a matter of getting everyone else to do it too.

Well, this next week is the Christmas conference, and half the mission is getting together in Monclova, and the other half in Monterrey. I’m excited to go and see all my buddies!

That’s all folks. Have a great day and a FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!! Love you all!!!!



Much Love

James

No comments: