Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Zaragoza, Saltillo Week 5






Thank you so much to my family, the Lindenmuths, the Nielsens,
Cathy, the Primary kids, and Cari for the letter I received! I was so
happy to get them! SEND MORE!!!!!
Man this week has been a crazy one. On tuesday we had interviews
with the Pres. de MisiĆ³n. It was amazing as always. He told me he has
seen the growth in me since our first interview. That was great to
hear because at times we cant see our own personal growth. The rest of
the interview we talked about certain things that really will help me
become a better missionary.
Yesterday we had the baptism of Isabel, the mother of the girl we
baptized last week. It was amazing. She talked with President Romney
and decided she wanted him at the baptism. He came and gave a little
talk that was awesome. The Spirit was way strong there and I'm sure
they are going to be faithful members for life.
The other day at their house we were getting ready to leave and I
asked Jerica (the daughter) to say the prayer. It was one of the
sweetest prayers Ive ever heard. I dont think there was anything
special about it, but the Spirit just confirmed to me that there
really are people prepared for the true Gospel of Christ. I realized I
need to be more grateful for the people who are put in our path or in
whoms path we are placed. Its also kind of bitter-sweet, because Im
always on divisions in the areas of other missionaries, so I dont get
to know investigators very well. but its all in the positoin of being
a leader I guess.
I did a baptismal interview with a kid this week. He had the desire
to get baptized, but was always in school so he didnt have all the
lessons, but he had the desire so I went to interview him. As it went
on, I just got more and more of a feeling that he wasnt ready: Yes, he
didnt know all the doctrines, but he hadnt even prayed to know the
Church was true. So I said it would probably be better if my
companions teach you this week and you get baptised the next week.
When I said that the Spirit made me feel like Id made the right
decision. The next day he didnt even go to church. We are here to
baptize only the ones who are prepared, not just any ol person. They
must know,at least, why they are getting baptized and that this is the
true church. Its amazing how the spirit works.
To end, I had a cool dream last night. I dreamt that I was in the
MTC again, but I saw DJ there. when I hugged him I was so intensely
happy I cant even describe it. He was still headed to Kiev, Ukraine.
But then I turned around and saw Chris in the doorway. We both gave
him a hug and felt so happy I cant even begin to describe it. There we
were, 3 best friends united by the one true cause in all the Earth.
Chris was going to some European place, with really small letters on
his nametag, and a really hard language. It might have been Middle
Eastern. But it was so amazing to be there with them, even for a few
Much Love,
JAmes

No comments: