Monday, April 13, 2009

Monterrey, Topo Chico Week 6











Well, my first transfer is done here in Monterrey. Tad bit rough, but hey, the work goes on. Not a whole lot happened since my last post. Except the baptisms. Remember the 3 young kids that we were teaching? They finally decided that its what they wanted and we baptized them saturday. I did one and E. QuiƱonez did the other 2. It was a way cool experience to baptize someone... in Spanish! Haha it was great. Then on sunday we baptized another lady whos like 75. Her son baptized her but it wasnt like a deathbed repenntance thing, she really wanted to do it and was excited. It was very cool too. The other day we were teaching a man and at the end I was to say the prayer. He was wanting to learn english, so he asked me to pray in english. Wow. That was hard. (twss :) ) haha man! I couldnt remember how to do it! well I could but it wasnt as easy as before. I mean i did it but I kinda had to think about how to do it. Im approaching that point where I can neither speak english or spanish, and Ill be in real trouble then!! We were contacting in a Pulga, which is a flea market, and ther was a tent with movies. I just glanced in, amd saw Dragonball: Evolution. I asked my comp, how do they have it when its not even in theaters? but then I realized were in Mexico and its pirated. I really wanted to send one to Chris but then I realized it was in spanish haha. They also had Fast & the Furious 4 and seriously any other movie thats supposed to come out in the next like 3 months. Oh, Mexico. After we went to the temple wednesday, we went to the plaza in the city and ate. Thats what those pictures with triton and the water and stuff are. Then that night we played soccer right before our District Meeting. The ZL's asked what we did today and I told them we went with another companionship and ate at the plaza. His eyes got wide and immediately went and talked to my companion. I asked the other if we did something wrong. Apparently this place is really bad and theres like prostitutes and drugs and stuff and its forbidden for missionaries. I felt like crud, but I didnt know. My comp didnt really care and still believes he was justified in doing it. Haha some things never change. But transfers are tonight at like 9 and I have my fingers crossed. But whatever the Lord gives me Ill take gladly. ¡Les amo y gracias por todos de sus oraciones!Much LoveJAmes

No comments: